- "This wound was dealt by someone with skill equal to my own. He cut through not only flesh and bone, but through the fount of life. No one, god, or demon, can help you now."
- ―Valcua TwoTyrant's Stars 3-4|[src]]]
The fount of life is the ability to produce life-force energy. It allows the energy produced and absorbed by living beings to give life to other cells. All living beings possess this ability, most to a limited degree.
- "No one, and I mean no one, can stop that bleeding. You-know-who made that freaking sword! It's got power in it way beyond even Grand Duke Drago."
- ―Left HandThrong of Heretics|[src]]]
Left Hand, Gods, Grand Duke Dorleac, necromancers, seem to be able to create and manipulate it on a grand scale and can even devour souls or feed off sacrifices of souls to them giving them added powers and abilities.
- "The wound from D's sword still hasn’t healed. It won’t even stop bleeding. When his blade cut me thusly, I felt something more than just flesh and bone being cleaved. Perhaps I could call it the source of my life. The wound will not close, the bleeding will not cease. If this continues much longer, I will be gone. At present I can barely restrain them, but soon I will be unable to keep my blood beads from running amok."
- ―Xeno GorshinThrong of Heretics|[src]]]