Portrait of Ixobel is a short story found in Coffin: The Art of Vampire Hunter D.
The year is 12,090. The light had attempted to destroy the darkness. After the final war a new race of "aristocrats" -vampires- had seized the leadership of mankind. But then the vampires, for some unknown reason, went into a decline; one after another they fill into oblivion. A few remained, however, with demons that they themselves had created -- the survived together with these artificial devils in a corner of the borderlands, where people live in icy fear. The Flame Dragon, the Mist Monsters, the Evil Ghosts -- among people unable to defend themselves against incursions by these terrible creatures there arose a group of demon-quelling professional "hunters". Among them was one Danpeal in whose veins the blood of humans and "aristocrats" is mixed, the ideal vampire hunter.
Soon tales of a supremely beautiful young man were on everyone's lips......
Main Characters Edit
- Left Hand
- Sacred Ancestor
- Isabel (Izodel's twin sister, and the older of the two)
- Izodel (Isabel's twin sister, and the younger of the two)
- General Yzobel Drake (cruel but beautiful greater noble and sorcerer, former ruler of the Southern Frontier)
- Yzobel's Lover
- Golem (servant of General Yzobel Drake)
Other characters Edit
- Mayor (father of the twins, Isabel and Izodel)
- Twig (a 200-year old man who lived in the village)
- Unknown Farmer (finds a book in Twig's house that holds a secret about Yzobel)